Port Salerno FL-Port St Lucie Popcorn Ceiling Removal _ Drywall Repair Pros

Top Interior/Exterior Painting and Popcorn Ceiling Removal Company in Port Salerno, FL

Contact Us

Port Salerno FL-Port St Lucie Popcorn Ceiling Removal _ Drywall Repair Pros

Port Salerno has three types of knockdown texture: splatter, trowel, and stomp. Each type has a unique look and requires different tools and techniques.


This is the most popular knockdown texture. It has the look of Spanish Lace stucco, with an intricate pattern of splotches inspired by lace veil patterns. The surface is first sprayed with a drywall gun, loaded with either pre-mixed drywall mud or joint compounds powder, and then water.

To achieve a low-profile raised texture, which covers 40% of the surface (the remaining 60% remains flat), flatten the peaks with an 18-inch knockdown knife. Spraying on a ceiling can make the application messy due to downward splashback. This technique is more time-consuming than stomping and mud trowel. However, the application will be quicker, easier, and less tedious once you are ready to go. A small area can be sprayed in under an hour, while a larger area can take about one day.


This texture is the most noticeable of all three. It has a higher surface elevation than either splatter, mud trowel, or splatter. This is achieved by mixing pre-mixed drywall mud and water, then applying it to a wall using a paint roller. The mud is then flattened using a standard knife. This leaves a finger-like texture at 60% to 70% of the surface. The entire process can take twice as long because drywall is applied initially by roller to cover the whole surface. Additionally, the second step of stomping before knockdown is necessary.

Mud trowel

Also known as skip trowel, this technique gives you a more subtle look than splatter and stomp. This is achieved by applying drywall glue using a curved-blade scoop and then skimming the mudded areas with the clean trowel. The curved trowel allows the mud to skip across walls and ceilings, leaving behind a sparse texture with round, quarter-sized globules covering 50 percent of the surface. Hand troweling is more patience-intensive than splattering.

When decorating your home’s interior walls, you may be hesitant to choose bold colors such as barn red, deep blue, violet, or stunning teal. With these tried-and-true steps, you can still enjoy your home’s vibrant, bold, and beautiful colors. These colors can be enjoyed as soon as possible with the assistance of a residential painter.

handyman in a ladder-Port St Lucie Popcorn Ceiling Removal _ Drywall Repair Pros

You can narrow down your options by selecting three of your favorite color groups if you have difficulty choosing colors. All colors can be classified into seven categories: Indigo, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, and Blue. You’ve narrowed your choices considerably once you have chosen your three groups. It’s now time to go on a tour of your home. You can hire Port St Lucie Popcorn Ceiling Removal & Drywall Repair Pros to do your residential painting project.

It would help to look for colors in your home that fall within your chosen categories. There will be many shades of your favorite colors in your home. You’ll have many choices, from the pillows on your couch to wall art. Take your time, and pick your three favorite items. It’s now time to go to the store.

You can search the store for the colors you have chosen from items in your home. You might even be able to take the items along to compare the colors with the sample sheets. Start by looking at the darkest color on the swatch. You can assume that you will be able to use that color or one of its lighter shades if you like it. All colors will look identical if you start with the lighter shades. If this seems too tricky, you can also have samples delivered to your home by a residential painter.

Locations We Serve

We offer the above services at the following locations within Port St Lucie:

If you are located in Palm Beach County and you don’t see your city/area listed above, don’t worry! We cover all of Palm Beach County. Fill out the contact form above or CLICK HERE and send us a message. We’ll get back to you asap!